Good morning to all of you on this first day of the year 2017. To fight the “hang over” there are many suggestions and homemade remedies. It is perfectly matching that we are celebrating the first World Day of Food today, the “International World Day of Bloody Mary”. As a small alternative to the so called “counter-beer”, we would like to present to you today our delicious version of a tomato soup. Enjoy in silence the 01.01.2017.
Preparation time: approx. 20 minutes (+ 40 minutes Cooking time) = approx. 60 minutes Total time
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 cans of tomatoes (850 ml)
- 2 liter vegetable broth
- 5 tbsp vodka
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 250 g sour cream
That’s how it works
- First, the onions get peeled and finely diced. Put the oil in a pot and steam the onions until they are slightly glassy. Add the tomato paste and let it boil briefly before adding the tomatoes with its juice.
- As the last ingredient, add the vegetable broth to the soup and let it simmer for approx. 40 minutes.
- Finally add the vodka (important to do it not before, as the alcohol otherwise will boil over) and flavor the soup with salt, pepper, sugar and the Tabasco.
- For serving, add a small spoon of sour cream into each bowl.
Voilà – bon appétit !